Tuesday, September 17, 2024

3T Writing Tidbit

I love to listen to people. Their stories, their lives, their interests. One of the things authors often do though, but I'm not good at, is conversation. At conventions, book signings, readings... you often need to make a connection with someone you've never met before and you need to do it quickly.

Since I'm not great at talking about myself, and we may not have read the same books(!), I try to pick up interesting conversation openers whenever I hear them. Here are a few:

  • What makes you smile when you get up in the morning?
  • What's your story? -life's journey -dreams -goals?
  • What is that one book that has influence you the most?
  • What absolutely excites you right now?
  • What's the most important thing I should know about you?

How about you? Heard any interesting conversation starters? Let me know in the comments!

Published since 2009, over the years I've accumulated various items of writing wisdom. The Third Tuesday Writing Tidbit showcases these items in no particular order. Click here to see all 3T Tidbits

No comments:

Post a Comment