Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Top 10 Posts Countdown #5

Writer's cave hiatus--finishing Assassins Bite among other things. Enjoy the top 10 posts from my blog in the meantime :)

#5 Welcome Guest Blogger Vivi Andrews!

Shortly after the release of my first novella as an ebook, I went to a local romance writers’ meeting.  Afterward, at lunch with a trio of aspiring writers, we whiled away a few hours chatting about the biz.  It was heady stuff, my first experience being appealed to as a published author in the know.  But I quickly discovered I had no idea how to answer their questions – not because I knew nothing about writing (though that may be more true than I’d like to admit) but because their approach to writing so wildly differed from my own.

They wanted to know how I got the brass publishing ring into my hot little hands, but their first question wasn’t about how I researched which editors and agents to submit to or how I plotted my multi-pronged attack on the publishing industry, but rather which workshop I thought was most directly responsible for my publication. 

Read more:
http://maryhughesbooks.blogspot.com/2009/10/welcome-guest-blogger-vivi-andrews.html

No comments:

Post a Comment