Tuesday, March 25, 2014

The Heavenly War Begins! Guest S.C. Mitchell

A prophecy centering on a mortal woman, makes her the focus of events that could lead to Ragnarok, the Twilight of the Norse Gods and the end of the world.

Know this. The Son of Thunder and this daughter of Midgaard will venture to the lands of Svartalheim and Jotunheim, to the very bowels of Utgard Keep. The power of the three artifacts will be reunited and the old ways will pass. A secret from the past is the key to the future, but a life must be freely given if the Golden City is to be saved.

From the icy wastelands of Svartalheim, land of the dark elves, to the towering peaks of Jotunheim, home of the frost giants, and right to the golden gates of Asgaard, the saga begins as war ravages the heavens.

Son of Thunder is the first in the Heavenly War Series, a combination of fantasy, mythology and romantic adventure.

Son of Thunder

The man looked like a god. Then again, he was one. . .

Jord Thorson was a god– the son of Thor, the Norse God of Thunder. In his search to find his missing father, Jord seeks out the mortal, Meghan Larson, who is in possession of his only clue–Megingjörð, Thor’s magical belt of power.

But when the belt decides to take matters into its own hands, locking itself around Meghan’s waist, Jord and Meghan are plunged into the middle of a massive conflict that rages across the heavens.

Giants, magical artifacts, and a golden city in the clouds weren’t exactly what Meghan Larson expected when that amazing belt arrived at her museum. Now Megingjörð is stuck around her waist and talking to her in her head. She’s got to be dreaming, but with the wonders around her and hunky Jord Thorson at her side, Meghan’s not sure she wants to wake up.

Son of Thunder, available at: A 

S. C. Mitchell is also the author of Swiftly Beats the Heart, There’s no such thing as Werewolves, The Forsaken Templar, and Seeds of Immortality.
Find him at:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AuthorSCMitchell

Amazon Author Page: http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B007D0Z1MW

 

15 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful, imaginative book about a mythology that gets less attention from romance writers than it does from comic books. Great story, Steve!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the boost, Helen. Have a great day. ♥

      Delete
  2. I've read Steve's book and it is fascinating. Well worth picking up a copy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you Sarah. So good of you to drop by.

      Delete
  3. Son of Thunder sounds like a vicarious journey for readers that will take them far away from this mundane world we cope with day by day. Love the premise of the story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by Neva. It was a fun tale to tell.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Intriguing storyline! Putting Son of Thunder on my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read 'There's No Such Thing As Werewolves' and loved it. Will grab a copy of Son of Thunder!

    ReplyDelete
  7. best of luck with sales. Book sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great read, Steve. I have it on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The reply button doesn't seem to be working for me this morning, so I will make one group thank you for everyone that stopped by. Joanne, I hope you enjoy SoT. Thank you for adding me to your TBR list. Anne, so glad you liked Werewolves. Maggie, thank you for the good wishes. Karen, wonderful to have you stop by.

    I'd also like to thank Mary Hughes for hosting me. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. S.C., it's great having you visit! I've enjoyed all your books but Son of Thunder is one of my favorites. I have been meaning to ask, what's up next for you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I've had writers A.D.D., jumping from project to project, which is why I haven't gotten anything out lately. I have a book I'm writing with another author, blending our styles, that looks to be a fun project. I've got a good start on the sequel to SoT, entitled Daughter of Darkness. But my current WIP is a fun science fiction/deep space romance I've entitled Hearts in Orbit. Which one I'll finish first is anyone's guess.

      Delete
  11. SC, what an intriguing book blurb! Every success!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kate. I appreciate you stopping by.

      Delete