What types of books interest you?
I’m a trope kind of reader. Oh yes, category is my favorite. Romantic Suspense is a close second. Least favorite is Urban Fantasy only because I haven’t read enough of the genre.
How did you get started book blogging?
I started my reviewing career with Night Owl Reviews. Everything I have accomplished in blogging/reviewing I owe to Tammy. She runs a great site and you will learn so much. I broke off on my own in 2010 and never looked back. Interesting fact about my blog…its named for my love of category romance from Harlequin.
Most interesting or exciting find?
In books…finding my signed copy of Shadow Dance by Julie Garwood. I thought I let someone borrow it. I had put it up so well that I when I found it, it was like Christmas. Because of this, I don’t let people borrow my books.
That’s a tough one for me since I review so many books. But here they are in no particular order:
- Tom Clancy – I blame my dad. LOL! And Jack Ryan is my ultimate book boyfriend
- Julie Garwood – for bringing me back to romance reading
- Sandra Brown – Lucky was my first “dirty” book and I’ve never NOT read her. And yes, I’ve read all of her Loveswept books from forever ago.
- John Grisham – A Time To Kill is still my favorite book of his. That said…not a huge fan of his movie adaptations though. The Client is the best only because of Tommy Lee Jones and Susan Sarandon.
- Amanda Quick/Jayne Ann Krentz/Jayne Castle – Her crossover series Arcadia Society is still one of the best in the business.
- One author that I’m not fond of and everyone loves her is Nora Roberts. I do, however love J.D. Robb. Go figure!
|photo credit: ghewgill via photopin cc|
My favorite color is pink. I know, I’m such a girl. Animal is easy…penguin. I blame Opus the penguin for that. I still have my Opus doll from high school and all of the comic books, too.
Favorite pastime when not reading?
Watching my son play baseball, baking and writing. I also love college sports.
Anything you want to promo about your blog (looking for books, services free or for sale, etc.)
Actually I’m not reviewing as much as I used to. Plus, I only review erotic on the weekends. My readers didn’t like the erotic reviews. Go figure! I will promote anyone and everybody! I haven’t been shouting this one out but I do offer author services, too.
Find Harlie (and her motorcycle) online!
Bio: Reader of everything and writer of romance. Story must have HEA or I will put it down. HFN can apply but it must make sense.
Grew up in Dallas, TX and now I live in East Texas with my own hero and our son.
I love to hear from my readers.
Check out Harlie's author pages!
This is part of my Interview with the Book Blogger series. Please visit and support these bloggers' sites.