Sunday, November 16, 2014

Interview with the Book Blogger ~ Meet Kitty Angel!

I am always in awe of how book reviewers can reach into my book, pull out the crux of the story and spin it into a single sentence made of pure gold. No one does that better than Kitty Angel! Please welcome Kitty!

What types of books interest you? 

I love all genres.  Believe me, I'm not a picky reader!  I came back to reading with the Twilight Series so I was stuck on Paranormal for a while.  Then, surfing through Facebook and a few of the Free Book sites, I found Adult Erotica and fell in love with that.  I grew up reading Historicals and, when I am in the mood for true romance, turn to one of them.  Recently I have found New Adult and absolutely love it.

How did you get started book blogging? 

I have Kallypso Masters to thank for that one ... my homage to her is my pen name "Kitty Angel" which is a combination of Karla and Angelina from the Rescue Me series.  I happened to pick up one of her books for free and fell in love with the series and the BDSM aspects of it.  She posted that she was doing a chat on Guilty Pleasures and invited all of us to come over.  While on the site, I happened to see that they were looking for reviewers and filled out the application.  I figured that if I was going to read, I may as well let people know what I think of the book. Not that I feel that my opinion matters in the whole scheme of things and I also loved the fact that there is "NO SNARK" on this blog.

Most interesting or exciting find? 

My love of reading, again.  I didn't read for a very long time raising my children.  You know, baseball, football, school activities. So, I was really excited to find that my love for books didn't die.  And, every day my children give me something to be excited about.

Favorite authors? 

This question totally scares me because I am so afraid of leaving someone I absolutely love off of the list.   So, this question is really hard and the list, if I thought long and hard, would be huge.  So, I think I'll just name a few ... Mary Hughes (of course), Lynsay Sands, Kerrylyn Sparks, JR Ward, Bella Andre, Lorelei James, Tara Sivic, Kallypso Masters, Cherise Sinclair, Candace Blevins, Ryan Winfield, Rebecca Yarros, Cari Silverwood, Karen Marie Moning, Sherrilyn Kenyon.

These are just off the top of my head but, I do have to say that I have a lot of respect and enjoy reading those authors that are self-published.  It takes a lot to put yourself out there and hope that you have enough of a fan base that your book takes off.  

photo credit: Lunchbox LP via photopin cc
Favorite pastime when not reading? 

I love country music and had a great year going to concerts.  My favorite?  5th Row Center for Luke Bryan, Lee Brice and Cole Swindell.  I was a good mom and gave up my ticket to go see Jake Owen to a friend of my son.  Then, had a blast at Dierks Bentley's "Riser" Tour with Chris Young, Chase Rice and Jon Pardi. Hmmm, that's where my son taught me how to play "Beer Pong" which brings me to my most favorite pastime – hanging with my children, cooking on weekends that they come to visit or are home from school ... just taking care of them.

Favorite color, wild animal, and/or food?
My favorite color is Purple ... just something so regal about it.  My favorite wild animal - someday I would love to see a Koala in person.  They are just so cute!  My favorite food?  I grew up in a very Italian house so really love everything Italian but Eggplant Parmesan is my most favorite thing.

Find Kitty online!

FB


Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kitty.angel.7583
And at Guilty Pleasures!
Twitter
FB






Website: http://www.guiltypleasuresbookreviews.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Guilty-Pleasures-Book-Reviews/305163142832854
Twitter: https://twitter.com/GultPlsureBkRev


Bio:

Senior Reviewer
Hi! I am a mom of 3 (all boys) that gave up reading to raise my children and find my career. A few years ago I asked a friend if I could borrow her Twilight series so I could see what all the "fuss" was about and remembered what I was missing. Well, needless to say, I haven't stopped reading since. Much to my family's dismay! Now, I'm never seen without my Kindle in hand. It comes to my son's baseball games, grocery shopping and work. I love all genre's of books. I will read anything from YA to Adult Erotica; Paranormal to BDSM; Historical Romances to Mysteries. I have to credit Lora Leigh for introducing me to the wonderful world of Erotica and to Kallypso Masters for pointing me to all these sites so that I could share my love of reading with everyone. I am a former police officer and love, love, love, country music. So, you guessed it, give me my cowboys and cops and I am one happy camper. If you mix cowboys, cops and some military men, well, don't talk to me for a while – I'm in my happy place! I am looking forward to sharing my thoughts and views with everyone and, like Didi, won't give you any spoilers (without warning). I am a firm believer in "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all." So don't expect me to "bash" a book. I will find the good points, promise.
Happy Reading!

For Authors:

Guilty Pleasures Review--We LOVE to read and LOVE to tell friends about great books. If you have a book you would like GP to review, find more information here: http://www.guiltypleasuresbookreviews.com/interviews-and-submissions

Advertising/Author Services: http://www.guiltypleasuresbookreviews.com/advertise-on-guilty-pleasures
This is part of my Interview with the Book Blogger series. Please visit and support these bloggers' sites.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Kitty, I was a bookaholic for many years and then found myself in the midst of responsibilities with children and work, too. My husband is away alot and it became difficult to find time to read. Am grateful to book reviewers not only because of concerns of cost but of time spent, I can get a feel for books or authors I might want to try before purchasing or borrowing. I am one of those strange people who feel obligated to finish reading a book. Quirk, I know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lil, I couldn't agree more! Time is precious and committing to the hours a story takes is so much easier when a trusted reviewer vets it :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Kitty Angel! I love GP and everyone over there! Keep up the great work!

    Harlie

    ReplyDelete