Friday, November 14, 2014

Interview with the Book Blogger ~ Meet Nancy G!

I met Nancy G. in my first months at the Samhain Cafe. She sings, loves the same authors I do, and collects anything about ancient Egypt--and writes awesome reviews! See why I love her? Please welcome Nancy!

What types of books interest you?

I started out reading mysteries (like Nancy Drew) but then progressed to romances in my late teens. But once I discovered paranormal romance and urban fantasy, I was hooked.

How did you get started book blogging?

I wanted a way to express my opinion of books I had enjoyed, and although I don't have a huge following, I still occasionally voice my opinion with reviews, when I'm not writing for the review site.

Most interesting or exciting find?

I found a couple of autographed copies of books by Stephen King and Agatha Christie at a book fair. Got them cheap, had them checked and they were authentic!

Favorite authors?

Sherrilyn Kenyon, Laurell K. Hamilton, Dana Marie Bell, Mary Hughes, Sierra Dean, Darynda Jones, Lexxie Couper, Vivian Arend, J.D. Robb, J.R.R. Tolkien... I could go on and on and...

photo credit: Christina Saint Marche via photopin cc
Favorite color, wild animal, and/or food?

Favorite color is red, followed closely by violet. Favorite wild animal, real, is the Bengal Tiger...fictional is the dragon. Favorite food, healthy, is Brussels Sprouts, guilty pleasure food is chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream.

Favorite pastime when not reading?

Making jewelry...I can spend hours playing with my crystals and beads, making one of a kind designs.

Find Nancy online!

Twitter



Website: My Odd Little World
Twitter: Twitter

Bio:
I am a divorced mom of four "almost grown" adults. I love reading, and writing about what I read. When not "slaving away" at my EDJ for the State of Missouri, I can be found either reading, working on custom beaded and crystal jewelry, writing reviews, or working on my own WIP. No I'm not an author, but I wouldn't mind trying.

 Life in St. Louis is crazy-you never know how to dress for the quick weather changes. In the course of a week, it may go from winter to spring to summer and back to winter. But there is lots to enjoy here-great museums, wonderful libraries and plenty of fun.

 Music is a big part of my life, too. I've sung, solo and with several locals. Now it is my comfort and my inspiration. When I'm reading, anything works for background - when I write I listen to Celtic Thunder for mood. I love oldies-for me that is The Beatles, Warren Zevon and Simon and Garfunkel, to name just a few. I like some "contemporary" musicians as well - Keith Urban, Rob Thomas, Darius Rucker, and Michael Buble.

 I am a "collector" as well. I collect books, St. Louis Blues (hockey) memorabilia, and anything about ancient Egypt, especially King Tut and that whole era. But my biggest love has got to be my dragons. I have them in all shapes and sizes, all compositions, and colors. My smallest is less than an inch high, and my largest is a stuffed red and purple dragon just over six feet long. I have ceramic, resin, china, blown glass, pewter and so much more. I believe they existed, because too many cultures have them in their history to be coincidence.



This is part of my Interview with the Book Blogger series. Please visit and support these bloggers' sites.

8 comments:

  1. Hiya Nancy! Nice to "meet" you again:) I too am from Missouri (which I call "Misery" when it's cold and nasty outside). We have a lot of the same taste in reading - which is great. Glad that you were today's "featured" blogger!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maria! My husband had relatives in "Mizoura"--always fun to visit :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Nancy! great interview!I cannot believe how many things we have in common. We read the same authors, like the same colors, we have the same favorite animal and I make jewellery too as a hobby. :-) good to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elena, hi! I love discovering a reviewer whose tastes are like mine--I get so many great new reads that way. Isn't Nancy's jewelry beautiful? She's so amazingly talented. I'd love to see your jewelry some day :)

      Delete
  3. Hello Nancy, enjoyed reading your interview. Am fascinated with the idea of jewelry making. I actually have an awful lot of beads and have not yet put together a piece. Am stumped because of all of the possibilities, so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lil! Maybe Nancy will share one or two of her secrets... :)

      Delete