Monday, December 30, 2013

Looking Forward to a Happy New Year--Guest Jordyn Meryl!

Jordyn is a lovely person and wonderful author I met through WisRWA. Today she's sharing inspiration for the upcoming year. Please welcome back Jordyn!

Looking forward to the beginning of a new year, I have to first express my gratitude to God and His Universe for the many blessings given to me as a writer in 2013.

Years ago I bought a crystal box from Waterford. I call it my Christmas Wish Box. On New Year’s Eve I open it and look at last year’s wishes. Then I write three more wishes for the coming year. Some wishes are repeated for years, but eventually all come true or they lose their importance and are dropped.

I am not big on resolutions. I do like to set goals. Someone posted that you should make goals every week. I agree. Some goals are meant to be replaced by other goals. Things change, new opportunity present themselves. As writers we must be prepare to move forward.

For 2012 I was inspired to go out into the writing world, meet successful writers, visit new places. Mid 2013 I was told to stay put. "Be Still. Turn Around". Who told me? The spirit in me that I trust more than any human. 2014? I know I am going somewhere, where and when is not clear yet. But I will be shown the way, given the resources, a course will be charted.

Why, as a writer, do I believe and follow the directions of my soul? That is where I live. In the creative world of magic. Even when I hit block walls, are betrayed or belittled, I still trust the voice inside.

My world has no room for bitterness or regrets. I push on. I am living my dream and I like it here. Like I said I have been blessed.

May the coming year encompass you with love, strength, patience and many blessings.

One of my many blessings was to sign a contract with Idyllic Ink Publishing for my first novel "Becca’s Dance". It is scheduled to be released this spring.

I have always been inspired by music when writing. A song will spark a scene, a melody stir a feeling. Starting in January I will be blogging at http://jordynmeryl.wordpress.com/ connecting songs with scenes.

Coming early 2014 from Idyllic Ink Publishing--Becca’s Dance


The journey of life is not about the path traveled, it’s about the dance.

Remember your first love? The itching in your palms to touch that person, the churning sensation of your stomach when you kiss, or the promise of forever love? A summer romance had all the possibilities for Becca and Clay. But a tragic accident killing two of their friends, sent Becca running away to build a sheltered life, protected from pain. Clay tried to drown his pain in booze and other women, but failed. Each picked mates for reasons other than love.

Twenty years later their paths cross as Becca tries to escape from the shame of a divorce, and Clay is living life as a single father to six grown boys.

In the small community of Lester Lake, love, fate and star-crossed lovers work towards rekindling a first and only true love.


I am adding two more novellas to my "When Dreams…" series. All my books are available at
A

Right now if you buy the print copy, you can get the e-book for free.

Here’s hoping everyone enjoys a year to remember in a good way. Love and Peace.

jm

No comments:

Post a Comment