I haven't got a bullet. But I do have some bullet-point ideas.
- List words relating to your story. Make them as vivid as possible. Then start paring them in twos and threes. Pick combos that don't go together but are effective together. (Biting Nixie)
- What makes your lead character compelling? Pick words to encapsulate him or her. (Assassins Bite)
- Look for the zing, not the tickle.
- Use a quote site to find key concept words.
- Use a quote site to find snippets of a quote. (TV series Slings and Arrows)
- Use a random title generator to jumpstart ideas. Many available with an Internet search.
Published since 2009, over the years I've accumulated various items of writing wisdom. The Third Tuesday Writing Tidbit showcases these items in no particular order. Click here to see all 3T Tidbits.