Tuesday, April 3, 2018

1T Status Update

When our older boy decided he wanted to join the Marines, I was both proud and scared. He thought he'd learn some valuable things as a Marine. I agreed, though I thought his lessons might be different than what he expected.

What I didn't expect was that I'd learn a lesson from the Marines. Well, I learned several, including getting a lot better understanding of PTSD. But the lesson that applies right now is this:

Semper Gumby.

It's a takeoff on the Marine motto "Semper fidelis" which means always loyal/faithful. In this case it's per the clay animation character Gumby, an eraser-boy more bendable than paperclips. Semper Gumby means always be flexible. Because when he was enlisted, the fight, the assignment, heck, his basic schedule was always, always, always subject to change.

So. Remember Night's Kiss, which was essentially done? Yeah, that's getting a bit of a shakeup. I'll let you know when I do what's happening, lol. Until then, semper gumby.

Other things:
  • Orchestra rehearsals start this month. 
  • Taxes are done :)
  • Possible computer programming consulting job this month.
  • Contest entries 1/2 way judged. I hope to finish those today and tomorrow.
  • Read-through of Pull of the Moon still on the board, though that may be pushed into May.



No comments:

Post a Comment