Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Flash Title Poll

Please help! Biting the Rainbow needs a new name. I've brainstormed some alternatives--which one do you like best? Vote on your top choices for the next 33 hours. I'll submit the top four to my editor. I can't guarantee which one will be picked but I love learning what you like!

Here's the preliminary info:

Musician and sausage queen Junior Stieg lives in an attic garret, kept there by love and duty to her parents and their store. But she dreams of big cities and bright lights. When a show headed to Broadway comes to her small town, she joins the pit orchestra, with the promise that if the musical does well, it will take her to New York with money left over for the folks.
But a kidnapper is threatening the show’s young star. To save the production Junior must join forces with the star’s dark, secretive bodyguard Glynn, whose big body, sapphire eyes and lyrical Welsh baritone make her forget both duty and dreams.
Fierce as a warrior, enigmatic as a druid, vampire Glynn Rhys-Jenkins has searched his whole life for a home. Junior's get-out-of-town attitude burns him—while everything else about her inflames him. He’s waited eight hundred years for true love, but her future is New York and his is Wales and they’ll only have these two weeks in Meiers Corners.
Until a sensuous, insidious evil threatens the very foundations of the city, and Junior and Glynn must face the truth about themselves and what home and love really mean.
Warning: Contains explicit vampire sex (biting of various body parts, multiple climaxes), ka-click ka-shing violence, cheese/sausage wars, viola jokes and—shudder—pistachio fluff.

3 comments:

  1. This is hard. Looking at the past releases, it's been "Bite or bite of..." alternating with "Biting..." But the last freebie was "Oz Bites" so too confusing to use "Bite of Oz."

    So, I cheated and voted for 2 titles on the poll: "Home Bites" and "Biting Home" as that was as close as I could get to something like "Bite of Home."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe-- There's No Bite Like Home? I was doing variations on song titles for a while, but this starts a new trilogy so I figure we can do something new with titles too. Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The final tally is in! Thanks so much for helping me narrow the list down to the keepers. As you can see from my ideas, I have a rather broad sense of humor :)

    A Vamp and a Bite 0 (0%)
    A Vamp and a Trill 1 (5%)
    Biting Home 7 (35%)
    Biting the Scenery 1 (5%)
    Biting the Yellow Brick Road 5 (25%)
    Biting, Vamps and Trills, Oh My 2 (10%)
    Cheap Trills 0 (0%)
    Cue Ominous Trilling 0 (0%)
    Doublers Do It With Bite 2 (10%)
    Home Bites 4 (20%)
    If I Only Had a Bite 2 (10%)
    Passsion, Vamps and Trills, Oh My 0 (0%)
    Reed II Bites 0 (0%)
    Reed II In the Dark 0 (0%)
    Reed II Vamp I 0 (0%)
    Sausage, Vamps and Trills, Oh My 1 (5%)
    The Wonderful Bite of Oz 2 (10%)
    Trilling Bites 1 (5%)
    Trilling in the Dark 0 (0%)
    Wicked Bite of the West 5 (25%)

    ReplyDelete