Tuesday, February 12, 2013

My Dream Heist Team--Guest Tamara Morgan


Tamara's tagline is "Laughter is good. Love is better." A woman after my own heart :) She's here today celebrating her BRAND NEW RELEASE Confidence Tricks. Please welcome fellow Samhain Publishing author Tamara Morgan!

My Dream Heist Team

One can’t really write a heist romance without spending considerable time watching heist movies. (At least, this is how I justify spending countless hours with my television and calling it research.) In all my *ahem* research, I discovered that between the plotting and explosions, the sexual tension and the humor, the very best movies always boil down to a great team.

Good Example: Ocean’s Eleven, which has possibly the best heist team of all time.
Bad Example: Tower Heist, a movie I’m still trying hard to forget.

Since I live firmly in the land of fantasy, I decided to make my very own heist dream team composed of real-life experts, movie greats, and eye candy.


  • Point Man: George Clooney, naturally. Danny Ocean will forever be my favorite heist lead, and I refuse to replace him with anyone else. He will wear tight pants and swagger.
  • Driver: Jason Statham. I don’t actually know if he’s a very good driver in real life, but no action movie is complete unless he’s in it. True fact.
  • Generic Token Hot Girl: Emma Stone. I know, I know. It’s a terrible cliché, but every heist movie has a pretty young thing to lighten the atmosphere. Emma made an awesome con woman in Zombieland, too, so she can bring some extra talent.
  • Wise Old Man Who Has Since Retired: Morgan Freeman. Ah, Morgan Freeman, fulfilling Wise Old Man roles since the 1980s.
  • Pick Pocket/Planter: David Blaine. I’m not gonna lie—real life magicians are kind of hot. Shiny shirts. Fast hands. Guyliner.
  • Demolitions/Tech Guys: Mythbusters. I don’t know why anyone would plan any kind of high-tech break-in without the Mythbusters. And not just for their mad skills at blowing things up. I love red hair. And mustaches.
  • The Muscle: The Rock, of course, preferably a la The Tooth Fairy. That will forever be my favorite The Rock role.
  • Guns: Michelle Rodriguez. Now, I don’t always condone the use of guns in a heist movie (in fact, they’re better when the cast has to use alternate means), but if someone has to come in blazing to save the day, I want it to be her.
  • Comic Relief: Amy Poehler. No real reason. I just love her.
  • Chameleon (You know, the person who blends in with any crowd and changes costumes at the drop of a hat?): Daniel Day Lewis. Seriously. I didn’t even know he was a real person until like last year. The dude can transform. 

So there you have it…my dream heist team. Who would you want on your side?

About Confidence Tricks

A life of crime is easy…until love goes all ninja on your ass.

Asprey Charles has always assumed he would one day take his place in the family art appraisal and insurance firm. “His place” meaning he plans to continue to enjoy his playboy lifestyle, lavish money on his Cessna, and shirk every responsibility that dares come his way.

But when a life of crime is thrust upon him, he is just as happy to slip on a mask and cape and play a highwayman rogue. After all, life is one big game—and he excels at playing.

Poppy Donovan vows that her recent release from jail will be her last—no more crime, no more cons. But when she learns that her grandmother lost her savings to a low-life financial advisor, she’s forced to do just one more job.

It’s all going smoothly until the necklace she intends to pawn to fund her con is stolen by a handsome, mocking, white-collar thief. A thief who, it turns out, could take a whole lot more than money. If she’s not careful, this blue blood with no business on her side of the tracks could run off with the last thing she can afford to lose. Her heart.

Warning: This book contains masked crusaders, a remorseless con woman, and plans to boost a ten-million-dollar painting. Expect high speeds and fast hands.

About Tamara Morgan

Tamara Morgan is a romance writer and unabashed lover of historical reenactments—the more elaborate and geeky the costume requirements, the better. In her quest for modern-day history and intrigue, she has taken fencing classes, forced her child into Highland dancing, and, of course, journeyed annually to the local Renaissance Fair. These feats are matched by a universal love of men in tights, of both the superhero and codpiece variety.

Her home is in the Inland Northwest, where she lives with her husband, daughter, and variety of household pets. Feel free to drop her an email at tamaramorganwrites (at) gmail (dot) com or follow her on Twitter at @Tamara_Morgan.


Tamara's website: http://www.tamaramorgan.com/
Confidence Tricks at
Samhain Publishing
Amazon
Barnes and Noble

4 comments:

  1. Lol! Fun post - especially the part about Daniel Day Lewis....lol....as far as a dream heist team...I'm more "The Italian Job" than Ocean's 11.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to tell this story...I was talking to my husband last night about this great post, and he didn't quite hear the name right and said "Tomorrow?" I said no, Tamara, Tamara Morgan--and realized Morgen is German for morning...so in some ways Tamara Morgan is Tomorrow Morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your post, Tamara! You really nailed everybody for their parts. I've got to agree with Jason Stathan, The Rock, and the Mythbusters guys (those two are crazy smart--and funny). Your book sounded so interesting, I went out and got it at Amazon last night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Helen! I saw the Mythbusters on their Behind the Myths Tour last year, and they were soooo adorable in person.

    ReplyDelete